cat-users - [[cat-users]] eduroam issues with android application

[[cat-users]] eduroam issues with android application

  • From: "Johannes Schobel" <johannes.schobel AT uni-ulm.de>
  • To: <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] eduroam issues with android application
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 13:51:10 +0200

Dear eduroam administrators,

today, eduroam stopped working here at Ulm University, Germany. This is, because our organization (Ulm University) forces us to install your “eduroam CAT” application from google play store ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.ac.swansea.eduroamcat ). Given the fact, that the application is rated with poor 2,x stars, and the user reviews are really really bad, I don’t want to install this application on my smartphone.

Before, it was really easy to use the eduroam infrastructure, because there was a root certificate to install – then it worked like charm. Now, I need to install an application, configure it, and so on. Why can’t we just use the prior root certificate?

Can you share the manual (!) configuration to use eduroam in our organization WITHOUT installing this app!?

All the best from Germany,

Johannes Schobel

Dr. Johannes Schobel

Institute of Databases and Information Systems

Ulm University

James-Franck-Ring 1

89069 Ulm, Germany

Room: O27/549