cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Cat.eduroam.org in french

Re: [[cat-users]] Cat.eduroam.org in french

  • From: "Herivault, Jacques" <herivault.jacques AT uqam.ca>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Cc: "Ruel, Ian" <ruel.ian AT uqam.ca>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Cat.eduroam.org in french
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 13:58:02 +0000
  • Accept-language: fr-CA, en-CA, en-US

Bonjour Stefan,

Fin janvier il était question de jours pour la version française de
cat.eduroam.org, peut-on s'attendre à un déploiement bientôt ?

Cordialement,
Jacques Hérivault
Chargé de projet TI
Services informatiques – Division des réseaux
herivault.jacques AT uqam.ca
514-987-3000 poste 2576
servicesinformatiques.uqam.ca

Le 19-01-28 04:15, « Stefan Winter » <stefan.winter AT restena.lu> a écrit :

Hello,

> Since the upgrade to version 2.0.0, cat.eduroam.org doesn’t seem to be
> available in french anymore, in the configuration mode or management.

That's correct. We can only display translations we have; and the French
translation team did not deliver a full translation of the 2.0 code base
until (very) recently.

> Also, I seem to have lost all my device and EAP specifiques
> configurations that where in french for my profiles since the upgrade…

They are not lost, just not taken into account any more with an
admin-side notice of "(unsupported language)". They will take effect
again once French is again enabled.

> When will french be available again ? With so many french institutions
> using eduroam this situation is pretty awkward.

The next update will contain a French translation again, it has been
delivered just before the next release's deadline. The code base is
already tagged on our development servers, and will be rolled out in
production in a matter of days.

> It would be nice to be advised in advance that these upgrades are being
> deployed.

Then you should subscribe to the mailing list
cat-announce AT lists.geant.org where we do announce such upgrades:

https://lists.geant.org/sympa/info/cat-announce

For further discussions about the feature set etc. please subscribe to
the cat-users mailing list additionally:

https://lists.geant.org/sympa/info/cat-users

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
2, avenue de l'Université
L-4365 Esch-sur-Alzette

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473

recipient's key is known to me

  • Re: [[cat-users]] Cat.eduroam.org in french, Herivault, Jacques, 02/25/2019