cat-users - [[cat-users]] cat installer not working for ubuntu, MPI Kohlenforschung

[[cat-users]] cat installer not working for ubuntu, MPI Kohlenforschung

  • From: Nico Spiller <spiller AT kofo.mpg.de>
  • To: <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] cat installer not working for ubuntu, MPI Kohlenforschung
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 13:43:33 +0100

Dear Madame or Sir,

the CAT installer designed for Linux is not working for my institution (Max-Planck Institut für Kohlenforschung).

I am running ubuntu 18.04 and tested on two separate machines.

Also, I was wondering why there are two different domains which offer the CAT installer: cat.eduroam.org and cat.eduroam.de

It leaves a bit of a strange feeling behind considering that you are recommended to setup the configuration by executing a shell script with root permissions.

Best regards,

Nico Spiller