cat-users - [[cat-users]] eduroam Issue

[[cat-users]] eduroam Issue

  • From: "Michael Davies (Infrastructure Mgr)" <Michael.Davies AT gowercollegeswansea.ac.uk>
  • To: "'cat-users AT lists.geant.org'" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] eduroam Issue
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 13:02:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

HI

We are seeing at present that every time a user on our network changes their password that they then have to go through the whole process of joining eduroam on their mobile devices.

Is there a reason why this is happening?

Surely by them changing their password the profile on their mobile device should recognise the change and update accordingly?

To ask users to re-join every three months when their password is forced to change is going to end up with the users dis-engaging from eduroam.

Any guidance help with this issue gratefully received.

Signature2018

Ymwadiad - Mae'r e-bost hwn wedi'i fwriadu ar gyfer y derbynnydd(derbynyddion) yn unig.  Os ydych wedi derbyn yr e-bost ar gam, dylech ddileu pob copi ohono ac unrhyw atodiadau, a thrin y cynnwys fel cynnwys cyfrinachol.  Ymddiheurwn am unrhyw anghyfleustra y gall hyn ei achosi.  Mae'r barnau a safbwyntiau a fynegir yn y neges e-bost hon yn rhai'r awdur ac ni ddylid cymryd eu bod yn rhai'r coleg.  Mae'r e-bost hwn wedi cael ei wirio gan feddalwedd gwrthfeirysau.  Nid yw'r coleg yn cymryd unrhyw gyfrifoldeb am unrhyw niwed sy'n gysylltiedig â derbyn yr e-bost hwn, sut bynnag y'i hachosir.

Disclaimer - This email is intended for the addressee(s) only. If however you have received this email in error, please delete all copies of it and any attachments, and treat the contents as confidential. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. The views and opinions expressed in this email message are those of the author and must not be assumed to be those of the college. This email has been checked by anti-virus software. The college accepts no liability for any damages related to receipt of this email, howsoever caused.