cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] no connection to eduroam

Re: [[cat-users]] no connection to eduroam

  • From: José Manuel Agudo Cuesta <jagudo AT usal.es>
  • To: ÁLVARO MORATO CAMPOS <alvaro_morato AT usal.es>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] no connection to eduroam
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 11:10:27 +0000

Hi,

I work as a network admin in University of Salamanca. In September we start to notify users that have eduroam configured in a insecure manner (no certificate check, no anonymous external user identity, no domain validation, etc).

Two weeks ago we change this policy from notify to required, because of that its necessary to reconfigure your phone with the cat installer if you are notified when you connect. If you have problems please contact with university helpdesk for help.

We are currently investigating issues with old versions of android 4.x / 5.x that don't work well with the installer, leaving some parts unconfigured: anonymous outer identity and in some cases certificate check. I don't have enough information to determine if is a problem with the cat eduroam android app, the cat eduroam configuration or its related to some old bugs in android operating system code.

Best regards,

Jose