cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] EC radius certificate < 1024bits

Re: [[cat-users]] EC radius certificate < 1024bits

  • From: Francesco Malvezzi <francesco.malvezzi AT unimore.it>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] EC radius certificate < 1024bits
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 14:29:08 +0100

[...]
> However, out of curiosity: do you already use this in production? What
> is the support landscape for EC certificates across typical client
> devices? Do you see any incompatibilities?

well, I am confident smartphone are more up-to-date than browser, and
actually we are issuing ECDH certificates as default since at least one
year.

But yes, maybe it was a bit dauntless to push it in production without
any sound research before.

If we are forced to rollback because incompatibilities, I'll notify you,

thank you,

Francesco