cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] CAT Linux script

Re: [[cat-users]] CAT Linux script

  • From: Jérôme BERTHIER <Jerome.Berthier AT inria.fr>
  • To: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] CAT Linux script
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 16:02:57 +0100

Hi Tomasz,

Le 30/01/2018 à 20:06, Tomasz Wolniewicz a écrit :
Hi Jérôme,

   I know that this can be done like that, and I thought that I have
clearly said that I have experimented with it quite a bit in various
Linux distributions.

Yes sure
I just wanted to share what exactly I am intended to do.
I do apologize if I'm boring you with this.

I found out that the user experience related to
this setting can be quite terrible and this is why I have dropped it. I
just do not see that the security gain is big enough to risk that users
will hate that.

Maybe we have a weird security concern.
So, I am interested in creating a specific version of your script for our own needs. Is it allowed to make it and to share it to our users ?

Furthermore, is it allowed to adapt your work to other internal SSID ?

I do not find any rules about code modification in the terms of use as well as under the developper page.

Again thanks you all for your great work

Regards,

Tomasz