cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] CAT Linux script

Re: [[cat-users]] CAT Linux script

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Jérôme BERTHIER <Jerome.Berthier AT inria.fr>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] CAT Linux script
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 20:06:17 +0100

Hi Jérôme,

   I know that this can be done like that, and I thought that I have
clearly said that I have experimented with it quite a bit in various
Linux distributions. I found out that the user experience related to
this setting can be quite terrible and this is why I have dropped it. I
just do not see that the security gain is big enough to risk that users
will hate that.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.home.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576