cat-users - [[cat-users]] Disable default selection of institution on cat.eduroam.org?

[[cat-users]] Disable default selection of institution on cat.eduroam.org?

  • From: Louis Twomey <louis.twomey AT heanet.ie>
  • To: eduroam CAT Feedback <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Disable default selection of institution on cat.eduroam.org?
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 12:26:58 +0000

Hi,
In recent months I have seen an increasing number of Irish end-users
trying and failing to use the same incorrect eduroam profile, they are
using the profile for the institution named "EduCampus Services Limited".

I believe the issue is that, for some mobile devices, this institution
is selected by default when the users browse to cat.eduroam.org. I'm
guessing that the users just click the first download/install button
they see, without first changing the selected institution.

I think this default selection of institution happens in iOS, but
perhaps with some other platforms too?

Is it possible to disable this auto-selection, so that users are always
required to explicitly select an institution before downloading an
installer?

Thanks,
Louis Twomey
--