cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] CAT domain enforcement Re: CAT app password verification

Re: [[cat-users]] CAT domain enforcement Re: CAT app password verification

  • From: Hunter Fuller <hf0002 AT uah.edu>
  • To: Scott Bertilson <ssb AT umn.edu>, Michael Davis <davis AT udel.edu>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] CAT domain enforcement Re: CAT app password verification
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 20:37:50 +0000

Philippe,

Maybe I am being naïve, but couldn't CAT just reject any username that didn't have an @ in it? It's just for eduroam, and you always have to use an @ to connect to eduroam, right?

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 1:26 PM Scott Bertilson <ssb AT umn.edu> wrote:
I've found many users are confused by the dialog for entering the "user" part of the credentials because it is usually something like "userid" which doesn't clearly imply that a realm is also required.

Maybe a good option for this would be for the CAT to append the realm automatically if none was supplied or always.  Isn't it going to be fixed per institution?  (Pretty new at using the CAT, so maybe naive question.)