cat-users - [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT

[[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT

  • From: "Jones, Simon" <simon.jones AT lancaster.ac.uk>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 11:21:38 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99

Hi,

We have been testing the eduroam CAT installers at Lancaster University from https://cat.eduroam.org/

A member of staff at our campus in China has had a problem with the download for the Windows 7 installer which Semantec Endpoint Protection detected as a potential virus(this may be a problem also for 8 and 10. However, we don’t have anyone in China at the moment who has this version of the OS).

We have tested at our campus in Lancaster University in the UK and this has not been a problem.

See attached screenshot of this issue.

I googled WS.Reputation.1 and found…

https://community.norton.com/en/forums/clarification-wsreputation1-detection

I’ve submitted the file here… https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

However, you may want to submit this also.

Kind regards,

Simon Jones
Project Manager, ISS
Lancaster University