cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Trouble with CAT installation

Re: [[cat-users]] Trouble with CAT installation

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Dave Flynn <dflynn AT carleton.edu>, Jason Duerstock <jason.duerstock AT gallaudet.edu>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Trouble with CAT installation
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 21:29:21 +0200

Hi,

  If kept the root the same and the server name in the certificate as well, and you have added your new intermediates into the server configuration then CAT installers for Windows should work correctly even without changing the intermediates in the CAT setup. In principle replacing the server cert should not have any consequences for users. For Apple I would not be so sure as we have experienced it to work not quite as expected with intermediate certs.

Tomasz