cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT

Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: "Jones, Simon" <simon.jones AT lancaster.ac.uk>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Eduroam CAT
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 08:05:47 +0200

Hi,

SEP's reputation guesswork is not exactly deterministic it seems. Their
webpage also explains why it is not really to be considered a reliable
detection.

Maybe SEP acted funny on the fact that this is a seldomly-encountered
file (which is because it's tailor-made to your institution) *and* that
it was downloaded in China?

Otherwise, I have no good explanation why the exact same file would be
flagged in China but not in Europe.

Did you ask the user in China to run an md5sum on the file to verify
that you indeed have the exact same file in front of you?

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche

Tel: +352 424409 1