cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] iPhone 5s

Re: [[cat-users]] iPhone 5s

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: MM <milos.marjanovic83 AT gmail.com>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] iPhone 5s
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:34:44 +0200

Hello,

> CAT eduroam does not work on my iPhone 5s, but works on iPad 2. Any tips
> there?
> I simply installed iOS installer downloaded from your site, and set my
> credentials for eduroam profile, it was installed successfully, but does
> not connect successfully when the network is in range...

There is no difference in the installers; the files you download for
iPhone and iOS devices are identical (except for the digital signature).
You can always try the respective other to confirm if there's a problem.

So if an installer works on one device but not the other, there is
something subtle and device-specific going on. Without any knowledge of
the device, it's best to turn to the local IT support to have them check
if they find any pecularities in the local log files. There's nothing we
can do here, sorry.

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche