cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] NPS and Windows 10 through CAT

Re: [[cat-users]] NPS and Windows 10 through CAT

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Adam Page <Adam.Page AT eisit.uk>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] NPS and Windows 10 through CAT
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:27:21 +0200

Hi Adam,

the only problems we are currently aware of are that Window 10 Creators
Update and *TTLS* are broken by the OS vendor. We meanwhile mitigate
that by shipping our own TTLS supplicant implementation to work around this.

We are not aware of any issue with PEAP on Windows 10 (as an extra data
point: are we talking about Creators Update or an older variant?).

I see that your config uses the server name "portal.klz.org.uk" which is
a literal name both in the CN and one of the sAN:DNS. That's played by
the book and you can indeed ignore all the notices about names and
wildcards.

Since the live login tests work, and all OS versions below 10 as well,
this really looks like a client-side problem then. I don't know what to
suggest exactly; maybe Tomasz has an idea where to look.

One funny thing in your report though:

> Serial number:
>
> 263072085046269388575814257217962095932 (0x7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

That hex number looks /very/ lucky to me; you should play the lottery
then :-). Is that really the number you have in the cert? Or maybe our
CAT code doesn't know how to parse very long numbers properly and we
need to fix that. No matter how, this should not be related in any way
to the problem at hand.

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche