cat-users - [[cat-users]] Error: name "0" for IdP

[[cat-users]] Error: name "0" for IdP

  • From: angel <amartinez AT innova-red.net>
  • To: cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: [[cat-users]] Error: name "0" for IdP
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 18:15:31 -0300

Hi,

My name is Angel Martinez from InnovaRed, the Argentinian Federation for eduroam.

We have an issue with the CAT account related to one of our institutions: Universidad Nacional de Córdoba (National University of Cordoba).

We created an account for the institution a couple of years ago and they used it without problems.
Suddenly, the name of the institution in the list of IdPs from the "Federation view" in CAT was replaced by a "0" (zero). They reported to have had lost access to their account, and when we tried to create a new one, it was impossible to link it to the database (the original one was linked, so I suppose that their previous configuration, now obsolete, is "occupying" the link).

Its strange that I took control over that old "0" IdP, but can’t delete it. When I try, the service doesn’t show me any errors or advices. It just doesn’t delete it.

So, we need to remove both accounts: the old one (now named "0") and the new one with no database link, so we can start all over again. We have no problem with that.

A capture from my Federation view is in the attach. There you can see the "0" entry (with database link) and the "Universidad Nacional de Córdoba" entry with no database link.

Thank you very much.
Best regards!

-Angel