cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Error: name "0" for IdP

Re: [[cat-users]] Error: name "0" for IdP

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: angel <amartinez AT innova-red.net>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Error: name "0" for IdP
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 08:46:24 +0200

Hello Angel,

> My name is Angel Martinez from _InnovaRed_, the Argentinian Federation
> for eduroam.
>
> We have an issue with the CAT account related to one of our
> institutions: Universidad Nacional de Córdoba (_National University of
> Cordoba_).
>
> We created an account for the institution a couple of years ago and they
> used it without problems.
> Suddenly, the name of the institution in the list of IdPs from the
> "Federation view" in CAT was replaced by a "0" (zero). They reported to
> have had lost access to their account, and when we tried to create a new
> one, it was impossible to link it to the database (the original one was
> linked, so I suppose that their previous configuration, now obsolete, is
> "occupying" the link).

As a federation administrator, you could have re-invited them to the old
(existing) IdP and they would instantly have had their access back.
That's via the Add/Remove administrator link in your screenshot.

But yes, as soon as an eduroam DB entity is linked with a CAT entry, it
can't be linked to a different CAT entry any more.

> Its strange that I took control over that old "0" IdP, but can’t delete
> it. When I try, the service doesn’t show me any errors or advices. It
> just doesn’t delete it.

That indeed sounds like a bug. Anyway: can you first switch your browser
language to English and see if the name changes? Maybe the old entry
only has the language set for EN; so that when you try to display the
name in ES it is not found and renders as "0".

Independently of the name display, deletion should of course work.

I would need the IdP number or that "0" IdP. Once you have taken
control, go to the inst overview and mail me the link you see in the
browser - it contains an inst_id=x GET parameter.

> So, we need to remove both accounts: the old one (now named "0") and the
> new one with no database link, so we can start all over again. We have
> no problem with that.

No, you *can* delete the old one (for hygiene reasons only, as it
doesn't do any hurt if it stays) and you DO NOT have to delete the new
one. We can simply remove the eduroam DB link manually in the database
so it becomes free again. I just need the inst_id for that, see above.

> A capture from my Federation view is in the attach. There you can see
> the "0" entry (with database link) and the "Universidad Nacional de
> Córdoba" entry with no database link.

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche