cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Silent install option

Re: [[cat-users]] Silent install option

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: David Andrus <david_andrus AT byu.edu>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Silent install option
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 22:11:29 +0100

Hi David,

  I have checked that BYU uses certificates form DigiCert. The root for DigiCert is already in the Windows store, therefore there is nothing for the installer to add. I have verified that an eduroam profile is created and that it does select DigiCert root as the trusted one, thus all seems to work as expected.

Since the installer runs silently it does not ask for user's credentials those will be queried for at the first connection directly form the Windows supplicant.

Only tested Windows 10 but I would be surprised if Windows 7 did not work.

Tomasz