cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Proxy = Auto-Detect causing problems

Re: [[cat-users]] Proxy = Auto-Detect causing problems

  • From: Matti Saarinen <mjsaarin AT cc.helsinki.fi>
  • To: <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Proxy = Auto-Detect causing problems
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 12:30:38 +0200

Alan Buxey wrote:

> Need to fix the network network environment so that auto detect of
> proxy settings is not causing an issue.

That is very probably true, yes.

> You either have some local DNS entry or DHCP response that is the
> cause of the issues.

Our DHCP return "\n" as the value of the option 252. Quick googling
revealed that some implementations strip (used to strip?) the last byte
of that option. Now, I added a null byte at the end of the option. Let's
see if it helps.

> I think another key indicator is that 'some websites aren't
> accessible' - are you aware of the dns queries coming from the client?

Unfotunately not. I haven't been able to do any real time debugging. All
I have is the complaints that have come via our helpdesk. At least
people have had problems in the Dropbox app on MacOS.

Cheers,

Matti