cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] Proxy = Auto-Detect causing problems

Re: [[cat-users]] Proxy = Auto-Detect causing problems

  • From: Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk>
  • To: Matti Saarinen <mjsaarin AT cc.helsinki.fi>, <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] Proxy = Auto-Detect causing problems
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 17:33:10 +0100

Need to fix the network network environment so that auto detect of proxy settings is not causing an issue. You either have some local DNS entry or DHCP response that is the cause of the issues. We don't have a transparent proxy anymore and all our ios devices are happily running . I think another key indicator is that 'some websites aren't accessible' - are you aware of the dns queries coming from the client?
We send back a null cache in dhcp and have a neutered wpad entry.

alan