cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] challenges with connecting using windows 7 devices

Re: [[cat-users]] challenges with connecting using windows 7 devices

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Joakimu Mandiwona <joakimu.mandiwona AT nrf.ac.za>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] challenges with connecting using windows 7 devices
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 12:04:56 +0200

Hello,

> Background information that can help
>

> · My institution is not yet listed on Eduroam website , but is
> registered.
>
> · The adminstrator have not setup an Eduroam CAT installer for
> us to download from Eduroam
>
> · The installer I am using is from another institution , which
> connects but only once.

FAQ entry number one is:

Q: My institution is not listed. Can't I just use any of the other ones?

A: No! The installers contain security settings which are specific to
the institution. If you are not from that institution, your computer
will detect that you are about to send your username and credential to
an unauthorised server and will abort the login. Using a different
institution installer is guaranteed to not work!

> How do I make Eduroam network get configured on windows 7 , or it does
> not work with windows 7.

Since they are not using eduroam CAT, this place is the wrong one to ask.
You should contact your local IT support for further help and
instructions. And maybe you want to tell them about CAT at that occasion :-)

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
2, avenue de l'Université