cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] challenges with connecting using windows 7 devices

Re: [[cat-users]] challenges with connecting using windows 7 devices

  • From: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • To: Joakimu Mandiwona <joakimu.mandiwona AT nrf.ac.za>
  • Cc: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] challenges with connecting using windows 7 devices
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 10:01:51 +0000

Hi,

> . My institution is not yet listed on Eduroam website , but is
> registered.

right

> . The adminstrator have not setup an Eduroam CAT installer for us
> to download from Eduroam

okay - well, thats your problem

> . The installer I am using is from another institution , which
> connects but only once.

dont.

stop there.

the installer will be installing a profile that not only uses a CN value for
a certficate
that isnt yours, but for a CA that is likely to not be the one on your RADIUS
platform either.

in short do not ever use a profile from another site.

> How do I make Eduroam network get configured on windows 7 , or it does
> not
> work with windows 7.

1) either get an eduroamCAT profile for your organisation sorted out
2) use another deployment tool (many commercial solutions and a couple of
free ones)
3) properly configure it manually

eduroam works on windows 7 fine.

many thanks