cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] [URGENT] UPC Profile disappeared

Re: [[cat-users]] [URGENT] UPC Profile disappeared

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Jose Molina Vizcaino <jose.molina-vizcaino AT upcnet.es>
  • Cc: cat-users AT lists.geant.org, upcnet.ti.telco AT llistes.upcnet.es
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] [URGENT] UPC Profile disappeared
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 13:29:20 +0200

Hello,

> I'm sure that when I clicked the button any Javascript pop-up appears.
>
> We don't see my institution.
>

> You are not managing any institutions.
>
> Please ask your federation administrator to invite you to become an
> institution administrator.

Ah, so you did not actually delete a profile inside your institution;
you deleted the entire institution.

Just to clear, usually when this message occurs it's because of the
identity of the person logging in has changed (different user identifier
-> no privileges).

But in this case, UPC is actually gone from the download interface, so
it's not just a user privilege thing, it is an actual change to the
institution. That's why I infer that a deletion happened.

> How I can recreated it? I don't see any button to create the institution.

Like I wrote regarding profiles: when they are gone, they are gone.

You will need to start "from scratch", i.e. your eduroam National
Roaming Operator (RedIRIS) will have to send you an invitation link via
email. Then you click on the link in the email and have a new institution.

The download deep-links will change (just as when re-creating profiles).

All this said, you should get in touch with RedIRIS. They are the ones
who can help you.

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche