cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] problem with Windows 10 installer

Re: [[cat-users]] problem with Windows 10 installer

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Janos Mohacsi <mohacsi AT niif.hu>, cat-users AT lists.geant.org, Timár Zsolt <timar AT niif.hu>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] problem with Windows 10 installer
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 21:00:05 +0100

Hi,
   amazing, I looked at the code and it just seems impossible. The Windows version message can only be displayed by the function testing the Windows version and here we obviously have a good match. The log shows that the system spotted that the wireless configuration service is not running and it should display a warning about that and stop.
I have tested both the English and the Hungarian version stopping the service and both behaved correctly. I wonder if this particular exe could happen to be generated as some earlier time and perhaps the translation was broken at this moment. The best way to check what the user is actually running would be by looking at the file properties and signature time. It would be great if the user could try to run the English version of the installer.

Either way, the installer is not going to work. If the wireless service is not running on Window8 the most likely there is some vendor supplicant installed.

Tomasz