cat-users - Re: [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT for android without Pay Store

Re: [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT for android without Pay Store

  • From: Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk>
  • To: "cat-users AT lists.geant.org" <cat-users AT lists.geant.org>, Ralf Jung <jung AT mpi-sws.org>
  • Subject: Re: [[cat-users]] eduroamCAT for android without Pay Store
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:04:26 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

hi,

>to install your App. All I could find on your website is links to Play
>Store. Now, I don't have a Google account connected to my phone, nor do
>I even have the Google apps installed - I hope I don't have to go into
>why that's a good idea.

well, as you are having these unique issues due to your stance I am actually
interested
in why you dont want to use the Play store to access the file ;-)

>How else could I get the App?

with more difficulty than anyone else ;-)

>I kind of assume the App is open-source (otherwise, I'd have to
>seriously re-consider using it), so compiling it from source would be a

again...why?

>The better solution would be if you could get the app into F-Droid,
>thereby also getting automatic updates to users independent from Google.

thats another place where the App would have to be maintained - a bit like
having it available on Amazons App-store.

>As a third option, if you could just put the apk file somewhere, that'd
>at least make it possible to install the app at all.

Stock Android on your phone? otherwise unlikely it will work anyway :/

alan