cat-users - Re: [cat-users] [Alunos] Atualizacao para o sistema iOS 9 - problemas com a Eduroam

Re: [cat-users] [Alunos] Atualizacao para o sistema iOS 9 - problemas com a Eduroam

  • From: Péter Lipták <liptak AT office365.ulisboa.pt>
  • To: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>, "suporte AT eduroam.fccn.pt" <suporte AT eduroam.fccn.pt>
  • Cc: Helpdesk <helpdesk AT isa.ulisboa.pt>, Tiago Picado <tpicado AT isa.ulisboa.pt>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] [Alunos] Atualizacao para o sistema iOS 9 - problemas com a Eduroam
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 10:25:15 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23

Dear supports!

At ISA, Universidade de Lisboa, Portugal after a month, still no one can use the eduroam Wi-Fi with iOS 9, which is very important for the undergoing studies we are participating.

Apparently the security of ISA's WPA Enterprise certificate is not updated to the latest version and that's why iOS does not allow the devices to connect to the network. We already got in touch with CIISA (the university IT department) but they say it's probably the issue with Apple. Since the issue started, Apple already released 2 bug fixes but even on the normal iOS 9.0.2 or the beta3 9.1 does not work.

Also the cat.eduroam.org doesn't have either Universidade de Lisboa or ISA certificates for download.

We can not really do the study researches for the projects without Internet and it is getting expensive to use the mobile data plan all the time to download PDF-s and heavy PowerPoint files..

Please look into this as soon as possible because a lot of students and staff members are affected by this.

Thanks and looking for your prompt response!

Peter Lipták
Landscape architecture master student at ISA, Universidade de Lisboa

Sent from my iPhone