cat-users - [cat-users] Problems with eduroamCAT Android app

[cat-users] Problems with eduroamCAT Android app

  • From: <philipp.tobler AT id.unibe.ch>
  • To: <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Cc: peter.studer AT id.unibe.ch, mobile AT switch.ch, anna.siegenthaler AT id.unibe.ch
  • Subject: [cat-users] Problems with eduroamCAT Android app
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 11:38:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-CH, en-US

Dear all,

we got a few complaints from Android users that they couldn’t connect to our
eduroam network after installing the profile by using the eduroamCAT App. I
tried myself and even with all «green» flags in the app, it doesn’t seem to
work. After checking log entries with our AAI guys, the problem appears to be
the missing QuoVadis root certificate in Android.

What do you propose to fix this issue? In it’s current incarnation, the App
is useless for University of Bern members and causes confusion.
In iOS, root certificates can be embedded in configuration profiles. Is this
not possible for Android?

Cheers
Philipp
Universität Bern