cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Login error

Re: [cat-users] Login error

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Philipp Wacker <philippwacker91 AT gmail.com>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Login error
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2015 08:36:11 +0200

Hello,

> I just wanted to log in the university wifi, powered by eduroam. Unlike
> other times in the past I came to another login page, on which i could
> not type my login details. There was a strange error message about not
> fulfilling security Standards and that i must download the New Windows
> 10. I tried to login with my huawei Smartphone, though. I really need
> this wifi to accomplish university tasks. I thus thank you for a quick
> reaction to get this Problem solved!

From the screenshot, it looks like the operating system auto-detection
does not identify your device correctly, and the "Windows 10" is just a
wrong guess (and that is actually the first half sentence in the red
notice "nicht zweifelsfrei identifiziert").

Nothing on this page suggests you should upgrade your device to Windows 10.

If you know which operating system your Huawei device is running, the
installation may still progress:

* If it's Android 4.3 or above - select that option from the operating
system list at the bottom of the page and continue installing
* If it's Android below 4.3 - please contact the IT support of Uni of
Bern as we can't help you here
* If it's Windows Phone - please contact the IT support of Uni of Bern
as we can't help you here

In the latter case, maybe you received the "upgrade" notice from
Microsoft/Huawei themselves - Windows Phone 10 is probably being rolled
out pretty much right now and Micosoft markets the upgrade quite
agressively. In any case, such a notice did not come from the CAT.

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi