cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Support for Apple iOS / MacOS "ancient" versions

Re: [cat-users] Support for Apple iOS / MacOS "ancient" versions

  • From: "Winders, Timothy A" <twinders AT southplainscollege.edu>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>, "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>, "cat-announce AT geant.net" <cat-announce AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Support for Apple iOS / MacOS "ancient" versions
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 13:22:23 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

I have an original iPad with iOS 5 installed. I have performed a reset so
it’s at factory defaults.

I can manually join eduroam locally with the expected server certificate
warning. (Just a test to make sure wifi is working and can join the local
network).

I attempted to install our CAT configuration and get the error message
"Cannot Install Profile. Safari could not install a profile due to an
unknown error." (expected with the current CAT 1.1 configuration).

If you let me know which XML snippets I can try to remove from our
configuration, I can try to push a modified version to this iPad to see if
that fixes the problem. Or, if you have your modified XML publicly
available, I’m happy to install it (knowing it won’t work, simply testing
that it will install).

--
Tim Winders

Associate Dean of Information Technology
South Plains College
(806) 716-2369

On 8/19/15, 6:46 AM, "Stefan Winter"
<stefan.winter AT restena.lu>