cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Support for Apple iOS / MacOS "ancient" versions

Re: [cat-users] Support for Apple iOS / MacOS "ancient" versions

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: "Winders, Timothy A" <twinders AT southplainscollege.edu>, "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Support for Apple iOS / MacOS "ancient" versions
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:22:23 +0200

Hello all,

thanks to Tiomothy's tests, we have now confirmed that
* removing "ProxyPACFallbackAllowed" -> <true/> and
* switching ProxyType from Auto to None

fixes iOS 5. This basically means reverting to the situation we had in
CAT 1.0 *for those old iOS versions*.

We have already packaged 1.1.1, so can't deploy a fix immediately, but
will look into releasing a 1.1.2 with iOS split into
"iOS 5 and iOS 6"
"iOS 7 and above"

which produce the two different variants of config files.

I can't give you a timeframe for those fixes though. We are still
getting 1.1.1 out after all.

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche