cat-users - Re: [cat-users] eduroam not working with El Capitan 10.11 Beta

Re: [cat-users] eduroam not working with El Capitan 10.11 Beta

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Ashokaditya Mohanty <s140783 AT student.dtu.dk>, Ralf Paffrath <paffrath AT dfn.de>
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] eduroam not working with El Capitan 10.11 Beta
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 23:44:36 +0200

I am able to connect using the “dtu” wi fi that pops up a browser login window and ask for my credentials.

Any clue who should I mail asking to update the  server like you suggest?

The thing is eduroam assigns IP addresses in a range that is allowed to access my work servers, but it blocks IP addresses on dtu network.

The server operator is the IT department of DTU. They are the ones who can change the DH parameters on the server. According to the CAT download interface, the URL to go to is http://www.wireless.dtu.dk/en.html and that page has further contact details listed which are:

Staff/guests: Contact the local IT-support.

Students: Contact itsupport AT student.dtu.dk. This may be done from a Databar.

However, you are in a bad negotiation position. El Capitan does not exist yet. You installed a Beta version of it on your own risk. I would not be surprised if your IT staff does not care much about unreleased software which has some three more months to ripen before it actually goes out into the wild.

I for one appreciate that you have problems and they deserve being solved at some point in the near future - but please keep in mind that the damage you suffered was self-inflicted at this point in time.