cat-users - Re: [cat-users] New CAT 1.1 iPhone Issues

Re: [cat-users] New CAT 1.1 iPhone Issues

  • From: Kieran Denton <kdenton AT brookes.ac.uk>
  • To: Alan Buxey <A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] New CAT 1.1 iPhone Issues
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 10:28:35 +0100

Hi Alan,

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

It's the Proxy being set to 'Auto' that is causing us issues.  We can't browse the web without turning it to 'Off'.

That said, I can see the second prompt for username/password causing our users some concern on iOS devices.

Thanks,
Kieran

Kieran Denton
Technical Analyst - Client Device Development
Oxford Brookes Information solutions(OBIS)
Oxford Brookes University

On 27 May 2015 at 10:14, <A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
Hi,

>    We are seeing issues with this too.
>    Can it be added to the admin section so we can turn the use of  Proxy
>    Servers off?

quick verify:

are you talking about the request for the user to put in their username/password
against a wierd hash value?   thats nothing to do with Proxy Auto setting - its to
do with HotSport 2.0 profile.

we need to make sure we are talking about the right thing before we talk about turning
things off at either global or institution level

alan