cat-users - Re: [cat-users] University of Milan

Re: [cat-users] University of Milan

  • From: Michele de Varda <michele.devarda AT unimi.it>
  • To: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Cc: Claudio Lori <claudio.lori AT unimi.it>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] University of Milan
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 10:13:30 +0100

Hi Tomasz,

thank you for your answer.

Yesterday the issue was different: from University of Milan captive portal (IP 159.149.107.59) we couldn't reach "cat.eduroam.org".
The connection was blocked only from this IP, behind the captive portal NAT there were thousand Unimi users that yesterday tried to download CAT configurator and probably we caused a kind of DoS attack to cat site.
We checked our firewall and ACL but the IP was not blocked inside Unimi network and all other clients in Unimi could ping "cat.eduroam.org".
Yesterday after 4:00 PM all became normal and we could ping cat.eduroam.org from the captive portal.

Thank you again,

Michele