cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Connecting to Eduroam at the Open University

Re: [cat-users] Connecting to Eduroam at the Open University

  • From: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • To: Energy Maradza <E.Maradza AT pgr.reading.ac.uk>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Connecting to Eduroam at the Open University
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 11:36:22 +0000

> I have been using Eduroam at the Open University as a guest student for
> the past 2 and half years. From Mid July I however have not been able to.
> I have trouble shot the problem and my computer suggests the problem is
> do with Authentication of my user details and password with the local
> eduroam server. I.e. Open University servers maybe?
>
> I have spoken the Open University and they have suggested the problem is
> not with their systems. Could you help please so that I can access
> eduroam
> at the Open University as a visiting student.

this list is for user support for the eduroamCAT tool/installer - not for
technical issues
relating to eduroam authentication at a particular site or location.

If you are having problems authenticating to eduroam then the first point of
contact
is with your home organisation who hold your user authentication details -
that is
Reading University - they will be able to ensure your settings etc are correct
(their logs will show them authentication times/issues etc) - *IF* their logs
do not show your requests reaching them, then they will contact the national
roaming operator service desk who will then look into the issue further for
you.

many thanks

alan