cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Script problem on Linux.

Re: [cat-users] Script problem on Linux.

  • From: Tomasz Wolniewicz <twoln AT umk.pl>
  • To: Vincent LOUPIEN <vincent.loupien AT upmf-grenoble.fr>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Script problem on Linux.
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 19:19:24 +0100

The problem you have noticed has nothing to do with running the script
in root mode, but results from running it in the terminal mode.
In the GUI mode all works fine. If the DISPLAY environment variable is
not set then the terminal mode is run. The trouble is caused by
something I have not anticipated. In the English version the user is
prompted to answer Y/N and the script expects either of them turning the
answer to upper case and comparing with the stored answers. What I
neglected to do was to turn the stored answers to upper case since I
assumed they would be single letters.

In the French version the translator used full words Oui/No, so my
approach failed.

I will add a fix to the new release and possibly also a hot fix to the
current one.

Thanks for spotting this.

Tomasz

--
Tomasz Wolniewicz

twoln AT umk.pl
http://www.umk.pl/~twoln

Uczelniane Centrum Informatyczne Information&Communication
Technology Centre
Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika Nicolaus Copernicus University,
pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun pl. Rapackiego 1, Torun, Poland
tel: +48-56-611-2750 fax: +48-56-622-1850 tel kom.: +48-693-032-576