cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Issue: Adding new IDP admin failing to send email invitation

Re: [cat-users] Issue: Adding new IDP admin failing to send email invitation

  • From: Chris Phillips <Chris.Phillips AT canarie.ca>
  • To: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Issue: Adding new IDP admin failing to send email invitation
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 16:09:07 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

BTW, there are no SPF records for geant.net transmissions such as this
mailing list:

>From the headers of the last email from Alan on this thread in my outlook
client:

Received-SPF: none (canarie.ca:
cat-users-bounces AT geant.net
does not
designate permitted sender hosts)

Also validated via the SPF checking tool at:
http://www.kitterman.com/spf/validate.html

eduroam.org DOES have the SPF records (which is good :) )

If we are a 'typical' eduroam site with a SPAM appliance, it may be
helpful to update the geant.net SPF records.

Not sure who this request would go to though..

Chris.

On 14-02-14 8:48 AM, "Wendy Petersen"
<Wendy.Petersen AT canarie.ca>
wrote:

>On 2014-02-14 4:27 AM,
>"A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk"
>
><A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>>We get issue reports like this one (very) occasionally. Usually, it
>>>turns out that the email WAS sent from our side, but discarded by spam
>>>filters on the receiving end.
>>
>>we've seen this several times - often being marked as SPAM by some
>>products
>>(forefront seems to be the main culprit for Exchange systems).
>>
>>there is now an SPF record fr the sending system..
>>
>>however, I wonder if the following 2 issues dont help
>>
>>1) Reply and From arent the same:
>>
>>From: eduroam CAT Invitation System
>><monitor AT eduroam.org>
>>

>>2) link to HTTP URL (rather than HTTPS)
>>

>>alan

  • Re: [cat-users] Issue: Adding new IDP admin failing to send email invitation, Chris Phillips, 02/14/2014