cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Deleted institution while uploading logo

Re: [cat-users] Deleted institution while uploading logo

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Alberto Martínez <alberto_martinez AT deusto.es>, "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Deleted institution while uploading logo
  • Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 15:52:37 +0100

Hi,

> I was reading the "CAT Extract Database for QRCode" thread and I've
> noticed that it is possible to upload vectorial (SVG) images as logos.
> Having that SVG logo, I tried to upload it in the global IdP Settings form.
>
> Then, the institution was wiped. Except for the old logo (?) , the (not
> configured) profiles, download statistics and a TERENA certificate chain.

I'm trying to understand what was "wiped" then? I.e. I read that you
previously had

- a logo
- profiles
- statistics
- CA certs

and all of that continued to exist after your attempt to upload the SVG?

So, what was *deleted* really?

> I retried to upload the SVG logo in order to check if that was the
> problem, but just got uploaded with no further issue. After that, a
> spanish NREN administrator reportedly changed the institution name and
> somehow, geolocation (but not the correct one) and some other attributes
> were back.
>
> Should I configure again the institution? Is it possible to restore the
> configuration?

So, during that first attempt, the inst names got lost (you can BTW
re-set them yourself, you do not need federation operator assistance for
that), and coordinate - but what other attributes?

Could you send me a copy of the SVG in private mail?

I will have to find a way to reproduce this; which sounds difficult as
you write a second attempt worked as expected?

This is a strange incident...

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche