cat-users - Re: [cat-users] CAT detailed download statistics request

Re: [cat-users] CAT detailed download statistics request

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: josu.gil AT ehu.es, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] CAT detailed download statistics request
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 14:26:12 +0200

Hi,

> An easy way around this (but I'm not sure if you IdP admins would be
> happy with it) is: can the per-inst stats be downloaded
> *unauthenticated*, i.e. for everyone?
>
> If there is no perceived issue with that amount of publicity, making the
> stats available via a simple POST and an XML response could be
> implemented in no time...

I got off-list comments of people who said it's no problem, and nobody
complained on-list.

So I've implemented it. From 1.0.4 on, you can get statistics *per
profile* by querying:

https://cat.eduroam.org/user/statistics.php?profile=xyz

Replacing xyz with your profile ID of course. This will yield:

<?xml>
<statistics>
<profile id='3' ts='2013-10-25T12:16:59'>
<device name='Apple Mac OS X Lion'>
<downloads group='user'>14</downloads>
</device>
<device name=''>
<downloads group='user'>6</downloads>
</device>
<device name='Apple Mac OS X Mountain Lion'>
<downloads group='user'>6</downloads>
</device>
<device name='Linux'>
<downloads group='user'>16</downloads>
</device>
<device name='Apple iOS mobile devices'>
<downloads group='user'>51</downloads>
</device>
<device name='MS Windows Vista'>
<downloads group='user'>27</downloads>