cat-users - Re: [cat-users] eduroam CAT: you have been invited to manage an IdP

Re: [cat-users] eduroam CAT: you have been invited to manage an IdP

  • From: Robert Mertling-Blake <rm29 AT soas.ac.uk>
  • To: Alex Sharaz <alex.sharaz AT york.ac.uk>
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] eduroam CAT: you have been invited to manage an IdP
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 15:14:16 +0100

On 21 October 2013 15:08, Alex Sharaz <alex.sharaz AT york.ac.uk> wrote:
Just got the figures from looking at our  Aruba Airwave application server, but yes the plan is to disable WPA/Enterprise real soon now

If it helps, we've been in a similar boat (15 TKIP users out of 4000ish), turned WPA/TKIP off a fortnight ago, and heard just the singular scream on our helpdesk call logger (my guess is that we were picking up stray roamers from a historically TKIP-only institution across the road whose library faces ours).

On the other hand, the other 3985 users seem to be much happier being able to use the 802.11n speeds now...

Rob