cat-users - Re: [cat-users] IPAD download issue

Re: [cat-users] IPAD download issue

  • From: aaron street <aaron.street AT pirbright.ac.uk>
  • To: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • Cc: "cat-users AT geant.net" <cat-users AT geant.net>
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] IPAD download issue
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 10:00:08 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US

One other point, I know that the cat tool does not support android yet, but
it would be nice to have on the web download area an android section, that we
could either fill in instructions, attach a walk through doc for users to
download or a redirect URL for them to go to with instructions.

This would mean we could point all our users to a single place, and it would
make it less confusing for them to get up and running. And once the cat tool
does support android, users would already be using it so there would be no
need to change our processes for enabling.

Our eduroam now seems to be working correctly and thanks to the training day
I have implemented a few of the best practice suggestions. So thank you all
for you help getting it sorted out.

Kind regards

Aaron

Sent from my iPad

On 30 Aug 2013, at 07:17, "Stefan Winter"
<stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Can you not cause the real full fat browser or default browser to be
>> fired? Hmm. ..I wonder (note there's also a dumber not-real safari
>> browser in OSX too that you can be presented with when having captive
>> portal WiFi)
>
> Well, the QR content is just a URL, with no opening instructions. If you
> know a way, please let us know, and it will become code...
>
> Stefan
>
> --
> Stefan WINTER
> Ingenieur de Recherche
> Fondation RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et
> de la Recherche
> 6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
> L-1359 Luxembourg
>
> Tel: +352 424409 1
> Fax: +352 422473

________________________________

The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally
privileged and is intended solely for the addressee. If you have received
this message in error please delete it & notify the originator immediately.
Unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
forbidden & may be unlawful.
The contents of this e-mail are the views of the sender and do not
necessarily represent the views of the Institute.
This email and associated attachments has been checked locally for viruses
but we can accept no responsibility once it has left our systems.
Communications on Institute computers are monitored to secure the effective
operation of the systems and for other lawful purposes.

The Pirbright Institute is a company limited by guarantee, registered in
England no. 559784.
The Institute is also a registered charity.