cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Windows 8 Installer Error

Re: [cat-users] Windows 8 Installer Error

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: Tom Griffin <t.griffin AT sheffield.ac.uk>
  • Cc: cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Windows 8 Installer Error
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 15:59:12 +0200

only a side-remark

> error is specifically regarding the TKIP profile (which isn't really
> required for our users anyway). Running the installer a second time will

The reason why these are included (without asking) is because you as an
IdP admin can't know if they might need it: they could be roaming
elsewhere, and that other place may not have WPA2/AES equipment yet.

That would mean the Service Provider in question is violating the euroam
policy, and we'll "hunt him down" if notified, but still, it may happen,
and it's nice if a user isn't bothered by this and it keeps "just working".

There is a global switch in CAT to turn off this grace/legacy
convenience. Once eduroam Operations has enough confidence that "almost
everybody" is at WPA2/AES we'll drop this.

--
Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche

Tel: +352 424409 1