cat-users - Re: [cat-users] Wired eduroam

Re: [cat-users] Wired eduroam

  • From: Stefan Winter <stefan.winter AT restena.lu>
  • To: A.L.M.Buxey AT lboro.ac.uk
  • Cc: Petr Adamec <Petr.Adamec AT tul.cz>, cat-users AT geant.net
  • Subject: Re: [cat-users] Wired eduroam
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 12:05:27 +0200

>> Can you send me an example of a mobileconfig file doing that? And if
>> possible, with a URL stapled next to it which explains where one would
>> get the corresponding information from? I'm looking at
>

> sent through

In parallel, my search engine of choice (which, as of PRISM, is now
DuckDuckGo instead of Google) yielded public information about this:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3191099?start=45&tstart=0

Along with a screenshot of the config tool, apparently from a Lion
*Server* app, which has more config options than the "Apple
Configurator" app as downloadable from the app store.

With this information, is should actually become possible to add the
wired functionality for 1.1 also for Mac devices.

I'm still not exactly enchanted by the reference documentation not
mentioning the pertinent configuration XML tags at all, e.g. the
"Interface = FirstActiveEthernet" one!

Stefan WINTER
Ingenieur de Recherche
de la Recherche