rare-users - [RARE-users] Issues with RARE on WEDGE

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

[RARE-users] Issues with RARE on WEDGE

  • From: Marc Bruyere <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [RARE-users] Issues with RARE on WEDGE
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2023 17:38:46 +0900

Hi All,

We are having issues to make it work RARE/FreeRtR on our WEDGE Tofino1.

We have been able to run control plane and date plane, but we see like corrupted packets reaching the FreeRouter process.

Please also find a short screen recording : https://cloud.bruyere.family/s/2oebQ9RgkJW5PeE
We tried to ping from lab 2 to the freerouter interface but freerouter does not even reply to ARP request has its not recognize the packets.
We tried to ping from freerouter to lab 2 same issue.

and a pcap trace of the traffic capture on the ubuntu PCIE ens1 interface attached to this email.

More details on this page https://md.bruyere.family/ImBJBzbJSkaYoVmez9ZfFg?view
and our testbed diagram :

      +----+---------------------------+---+
      |    +---------------------------+   |
      |    |  FreeRouter               |   |
      |    |                           |   |
      |    |                           |   |
      |    |                           |   |
      |    |                           |   |
      |    |  10.0.1.1       10.0.2.1  |   |
      |    |  sdn3              sdn4   |   |
      |    +--+-------------------+----+   |
      |       |                   |        |
      |       |                   |        |
      |   FrontPanel 3        FrontPanel4  |
      |   Internal 144        Internal 152 |
      +-------+-------------------+--------+
              |                   |
              |                   |
              |                   |
              |                   |
              |                   |
              |                   |
              |                   |
              |                   |
10.0.1.101    |                   |     10.0.2.202
      +-------+----+         +----+--------+
      | Lab1 server|         | Lab2 Server |

Your help will be very appreciated !

Marc and Benoit