rare-users - Re: [RARE-users] ERROR: Permission to rare-freertr/freeRtr-containerlab.git denied to dschmitz2017.

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [RARE-users] ERROR: Permission to rare-freertr/freeRtr-containerlab.git denied to dschmitz2017.

  • From: David Schmitz <>
  • To: Frédéric LOUI <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [RARE-users] ERROR: Permission to rare-freertr/freeRtr-containerlab.git denied to dschmitz2017.
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 15:48:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Frédéric,

Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 15:39:49 +0200
From: Frédéric LOUI <>
To: David Schmitz <>
Subject: Re: ERROR: Permission to rare-freertr/freeRtr-containerlab.git denied
to dschmitz2017.

Hi,

For the race condition please look at this:
https://github.com/rare-freertr/freeRtr-containerlab/blob/main/hwdet-init.sh#L18

When launching the lab with containerlab there is a CLAB_INTFS env var
indicating the number of expected interface.

It will help create yours with FoD.
You can create a generic container by testing CLAB_INTFS env VAR but in my
case I just decided to create a specific one.
Thank you.
I have a similar while loop solution for the single interface eth1 now
in https://github.com/GEANT/FOD/blob/python3/runfod.sh .
Now it should always work.

For freertr which might have a number of interfaces to be injected
the comparison of the number is an elegant solution.
I will remember that.

Best Reards
David

Frederic