rare-users - Re: [RARE-users] [freertr] OSPF + TWAMP questions

Subject: RARE user and assistance email list

Re: [RARE-users] [freertr] OSPF + TWAMP questions

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: , , , , Frédéric LOUI <>
  • Subject: Re: [RARE-users] [freertr] OSPF + TWAMP questions
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 14:50:56 +0100

hi,
niceee!
good observations, twamp in freerouter alters all the flexalgo metrics all at
once...
if you just use the default flexalgo 0 topology then that can profit from it
too...
regarding the prometheus, yesss its possible, as you have the show ipv4/6
ospf x metric knob...
frederic introduced similar things in the geant testbed, this is the sensor
he done back in the days:
https://github.com/rare-freertr/freeRtr/blob/master/misc/sensor/lsigp-ospf.txt
here the perf one is that exports the it from the current node...
but on the other hand, please note that, as it's a link state routing
protocol we're talking about,
and the changes are reflected in ospf router lsa, that is, observable on
every node in the network,
you can monitor the whole network from a single node by the sho ipv4/6 ospf x
topo [xxx] command...
imho this latter does not have yet the sensor, but should be doable too...
(we at hbone, we only went for the connectivity checks this way, and that
works fine)
br,
cs