rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] netconf

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] netconf

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: , David Schmitz <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] netconf
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2023 09:30:46 +0100

hi,

On 2/7/23 09:18, David Schmitz wrote:

Quick question. With yang-cli you are now able to check freeRouter config in
Yang/xml form
Yes, now yangcli can query at least something of the config in freerouter.
Now, we have to see how this can be suitable for current FoD's netconf parser.

I am still trying to investigate how policy-map etc and BGP flow spec (e.g. "show
ipv4 bgp 1 flowspec database") actually relate.

so the policy-map is where freerouter stores the intended flowspec rules to
originate...
you need to configure this to originate something... it's a sequenced list of
match/action
like you described we have in junos...
the sho ipv4 bgp 1 flow data is just the current representation of what is
originated/learned
in the flowspec address family... it's database format is basically the raw
bgp nrli encoding
foind in the update messages, you really should not care about this too
much...

br,
cs