rare-dev - [rare-dev] Routing between wireguard tunnels

Subject: Rare project developers

[rare-dev] Routing between wireguard tunnels

  • From: Gabriel Tetzner <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [rare-dev] Routing between wireguard tunnels
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 13:09:47 -0300

Hi all,

I have the following topology built using two wireguard tunnels:

image.png

In this case freertr-r3 is isolated on another network, but has a public ip to tunnel wireguard with freertr-r1 which is also on another network and has a public ip.

This topology is working and the pings respectively for each ip:

10.0.0.2 ping 10.0.0.3
20.0.0.2 ping 20.0.0.3
10.0.0.3 ping 10.0.0.2
20.0.0.3 ping 20.0.0.2

But I want 20.0.0.2 to reach 10.0.0.3, do I need to configure a route for this using ipv4 route? or is there another way to route the traffic? in this case I am talking about freertr-r1.