rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] Exception when deleting a subinterface in p4lang

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] Exception when deleting a subinterface in p4lang

  • From: Alexander Gall <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: <>, Frédéric LOUI <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] Exception when deleting a subinterface in p4lang
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 09:47:27 +0100

On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 05:59:22 +0100, mc36 <> said:

> hi,
> On 3/17/22 18:14, Alexander Gall wrote:
>>> okk, then i'll get rid of port_mod, and do the
>>> state0/port_del/port_add/state1 stanza....
>>
>> This is implemented in
>> https://bitbucket.software.geant.org/projects/RARE/repos/rare/commits/c521bc30726811365e9499c0b9af74ff373b743e
>>
>> I also merged bf_ifstatus into bf_ifcounter to have all port-related
>> stuff done inside threads in a single module:
>> https://bitbucket.software.geant.org/projects/RARE/repos/rare/commits/9915becad9e809a69a27404081107b282f265f61
>>
>> I hope I didn't break anything. If I did, I'll fix it tomorrow :)

> thanks for the stuff, all the tests passed and i played a bit on my stordis,
> and seemingly the port reconfig works as before:

[...]

> i tried with the module's "interval" set to 1 second and seemingly the
> tofino can cope with it,
> but i only have a single port activated and some subinterfaces on it
> (router-on-the-stick)...

Updating all counters at this interval may be a bit excessive. I
suggest to change the code to fetch the port table entries and check
for status changes once per second and perform the counter stuff only
at a fixed multiple of that interval (also what Frederic
suggested). If we chose 5 as the multiplier we get the previous
behaviour. This change is in
https://bitbucket.software.geant.org/projects/RARE/repos/rare/commits/b5df56af79fe20909105fdcb4b674843886faa1c

--
Alex