rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] Generate flow

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] Generate flow

  • From: mc36 <>
  • To: , Everson Borges <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] Generate flow
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 17:21:41 +0100

hi,
so there are bunch of options...
the easiest if you connect additional 2 vm-s for your existing setup for the
iperfing... one for receiving, and one for sending...
you can connect the vm ports directly together, it may involve configuring
bringing in the hypervisor to the vm ports...
these obviously will appear as new ethernet interfaces within the
freerouters, much like you connected your homenet into the topology...
then you can distinguish the flows by protocol (udp / tcp) but they have
different characteristics so it would be comparing apple to orange...
instead, try to go with tcp and distinguish by server port number...
regards,
cs