rare-dev - Re: [rare-dev] PBR flow label access-list

Subject: Rare project developers

Re: [rare-dev] PBR flow label access-list

  • From: Alexander Gall <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: Maria Del Carmen Misa Moreira <>
  • Subject: Re: [rare-dev] PBR flow label access-list
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 17:09:21 +0100

On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 00:43:36 +0100, mc36 <> said:

> hi,
> just ignore all my previous mails, you were right! :)
> i was trying to work around whereas there was a nicer solution...

> On 12/8/21 17:24, Maria Del Carmen Misa Moreira wrote:
>> I was thinking on this feature and maybe it can be added something like
>> that:
>>
>> access-list ipv6_flowlabel_10
>> sequence 10 permit all any all any all flow 10 from 7 to 12
>> exit
>>
>> Note the 'from 7 to 12' which can means 'match bits from 7 to 12 of the
>> 20-bits'.

> so afterall the asic can do only one thing quickly and that's binary and...
> with this the following small change this thing just arrived:
> https://github.com/mc36/freeRouter/commit/b1a082e1675ad0716ae8c7814af751c377271d4b

> it looks like this:

> sid(cfg-acl)#show running-config this
> access-list asdf
> sequence 10 permit all any all any all flow 128&192
> exit
> !

> sid(cfg-acl)#

> and matches everything who last byte's upper 2 bits are 10...
> all the other bits are unintecresting, does not care about them...
> much like as netmask 255.255.0.255 ignores the 3rd octet...

> the stuff should be out by the morning so if you can ask alex
> to trigger a rebuild, you can upgrade when convenient... :)

Sorry, I lost track of this :(

@Carmen: you can upgrade to the newest freertr version with

# release-manager --install-git origin/CERN --auto-switch

I've created a new branch "CERN" for this because I'm working on some
new stuff on master that I haven't tested much yet (I guess I should
have used a feature branch for *that* instead, oh well). So please be
careful not to use "origin/master" this time :)

You'll notice that this command will trigger a build of freertr (which
should succeed, of course :) That's because my CI only builds the
master branch so the Nix cache won't have a pre-built package for this
version of freertr.

--
Alex